Au-Pair Application Procedure
What do documents do you need to supply?
- An Au-pair Application Form
- One copy of an Au-pair contract and Au pair agreement
- 2 references commenting on your childcare experience and on your personal character (must not be written by a member of your family),
- A “Dear Family” letter introducing yourself and explaining the reasons why you are interested in going to United Kingdom as an Au-pair
- A medical certificate from your doctor confirming that you are in a good health and able to look after children
- Police check
- Photographs and at least 1 photograph with children
- Copy of passport or ID card and a driving licence if available
These documents will accompany your Application Form and will be used to introduce you to our families.
- After receiving the Au-pair Application Form together with all required information, Sunny Smiles will proceed with the application immediately. Remember: The host families will be choosing you on basis of the quality of materials you supply, try to make a good impression right from the start.
- IMPORTANT: References must not be written by a member of your family.
- As soon as Sunny Smiles finds a suitable family, their Family Form is forwarded to the Au-pair.
- Once the Au-pair is happy with the family profile, a telephone or skype call between the two participants will be arranged by Sunny Smiles. It is always helpful to know in advance when the au pair applicant is normally available for either communication with us, Sunny Smiles, or with the family over skype or via email.
- Both side then, after a skype interview will have opportunity to ask further questions or accept the position with that family. Sunny Smiles confirms the placement to the Au-pair in writing prior to Au pair purchasing her travel documents and their departure from their home country.
- Should the Au-pair refuse the position offered or should the family decline the Au-pair, Sunny Smiles will forward details of further families to the Au-pair (if available).
- When the Au pair receives all relevant documents from us and the date of the Au-pair’s arrival is agreed, the Au-pair is asked to make his/her travel arrangements and inform Sunny Smiles. Travel details will subsequently be forwarded to their host family.
- Sunny Smiles will get in touch with the Au-pair after the arrival to the host family to make sure everything is okay and will post Au pair’s welcome pack full of useful information, sim card, Au pair and Childcare Handbook.
Please allow at least three weeks for the Au-pair placement procedure!